Third Party Links
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, credit card information, etc., when you register on the site, place an order, participate in site promotions, respond to surveys, communicate with us via e-mail, or utilize certain site features.
The information you provide is used to:
- To personalize your site visit experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process and fulfill your purchases.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- Credit card information and other secure financial data is used only to fulfill your specific request or purchase. Other personal information such as your name or contact information will not be used for any purposes other than those listed above, unless you give us specific permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists. Relative to any mailing lists, all emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings. You can choose to use our site anonymously and not to provide requested information, but you might be limited and not be able to take advantage of many of our site features.
Cookies / Tracking Technology
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
Distribution of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include us. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 617-467-4220
Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be made in writing and posted to the site. This policy was last modified on May 31, 2010.